June 2020 GORILLACORN GAINZ: Getup Gainz and Stepup Swole
June 2020 GORILLACORN GAINZ • 13m
GETUP GAINZ & STEPUP SWOLE
Density Strength Training for Next Level Performance GAINZZZ!
PDF Link: https://rebrand.ly/GGWorkout2
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- The goal of this density training routine is to manage fatigue; not chase it. By using repeated sets of sub-maximal reps on high-tension strength exercises - instead of a few sets to failure - we can accumulate more quality reps in the same amount of time or less. The result is technical mastery and serious performance GAINZZZ!
- Finding the right loads is critical to maximize the training effect. For the Getups, use a load you can do 6 reps with in a single set for overhead presses. For the Chinups, use a load you can do 4 reps with in a single set. This should be a heavier weight than you used last month for the triples. For the Stepups, use a load you can do 6 reps with in a single set.
- This is a 2-part workout:
PART 1: GETUP GAINZ: 15-30 Minutes
1. GETUP COMPLEX: 3 Eccentric Overhead Presses to 3 Eccentric Floor Presses @ 1 rep/side
2. Eccentric-Isometric Weighted Chinups @ 2 reps*
*If you can’t do weighted chinups, simply do sets of sub-maximal reps with your bodyweight at a faster tempo. For example, if you can do 10 reps in a single set, do sets of 5. If don’t have access to a pullup bar, either skip this exercise or do 10 weighted or inverted rows or 20 band pull-aparts.
PART 2: STEPUP SWOLE: 15-30 Minutes
1. STEPUP COMPLEX: Eccentric Stepup + Pulsing Reverse Lunge @ 3 reps/side
2. Eccentric-Isometric Skydiver Pushups @ 3-5 reps/side*
*Start with sets of 3 reps in Week 1. You can either stick to sets of 3 the whole month or gradually build up to sets of 5 over the course of the training month. Too hard? Simply do sets of sub-maximal reps with your bodyweight at a faster tempo on both hands. For example, if you can do 20 regular pushups in a single set, do sets of 10.
- Use the following weekly volume progression for best results:
Week 1: Perform max quality rounds for time in 15 minutes for each part
Week 2: Perform max quality rounds for time in 20 minutes for each part
Week 3: Perform max quality rounds for time in 25 minutes for each part
Week 4: Perform max quality rounds for time in 30 minutes for each part
- Record the number of rounds you complete for each part in each training session. Make sure not to speed up the prescribed training tempos (rep speeds) to get more rounds as that defeats the purpose of this strength-building routine.