WORKOUT 4 also uses drop sets but with a single dumbbell at a time for more of a unilateral emphasis to correct imbalances between sides. In general, I recommend the lighter bell be half the weight of the heavier one. Most trainees will find the sweet spot somewhere in between a 20/10-pound and 50/25-pound drop set. Very strong and advanced trainees could take a crack at a 100/50-pound pairing... but may God have mercy on your soul.
- Alternate between 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest for each move:
1. Heavy Goblet Squats
2. Light Goblet Squats
3. Heavy 1-Arm Bench Rows- Left/Weak Side
4. Light 1-Arm Bench Rows- Left/Weak Side
5. Heavy 1-Arm Bench Rows- Right/Strong Side
6. Light 1-Arm Bench Rows- Right/Strong Side
7. Heavy 1-Arm Bench Presses- Left/Weak Side
8. Light 1-Arm Bench Presses- Left/Weak Side
9. Heavy 1-Arm Bench Presses- Right/Strong Side
10. Light 1-Arm Bench Presses- Right/Strong Side
- That’s 1 round. Do up to 3 total rounds, resting 1-2 minutes between rounds.